The mission of the Conserve Florida Water Clearinghouse is to develop collaborative relationships with related programs, and to collect, analyze, and make available reliable information and technical assistance to public water supply utilities and water managers for use in developing effective and efficient water conservation programs.
The goals of the Clearinghouse are to:
Be the premier source in Florida of water conservation information for public water supply, drawing upon information and expertise from throughout the utility sector, the water management districts, the state university system, and other sources.
Help Florida become a national leader in water use efficiency.
Focus directly on Florida?s needs and users, but take advantage of opportunities to build on expertise and resources outside of Florida.
Serve public water supply utilities, water management districts, and other stakeholders in improving water use efficiency.
The Clearinghouse, when fully implemented, will satisfy the following ten objectives:
1. Host and refine an interactive, web-based, water conservation Guide to assist public water supply utilities in developing goal-based water conservation plans which are tailored to their specific service areas and meet permitting requirements.
2. Host and develop an integrated statewide database with infrastructure for the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of quantitative and qualitative information on public water supply conservation programs and practices and their effectiveness.
3. Host and develop a searchable web-accessible library of historic and current water conservation studies and reports.
4. Provide a mechanism for benchmarking water conservation practices among utilities to determine and compare their effectiveness.
5. Provide a means for water conservation professionals to obtain technical assistance for under-standing, developing, and implementing effective and efficient water conservation projects or programs that will meet water management district regulatory requirements.
6. Make available analytical tools to allow the evaluation of water conservation programs and practices as an aid to selecting the best management practices. Incorporate these tools into the Guide.
7. Coordinate and maintain oversight of an applied research agenda to help develop innovative water conservation programs and practices.
8. Evaluate and enhance the water conservation Guide to improve results.
9. Publicize the importance of water conservation and the availability of Clearinghouse services to the water utility community.
10. Establish and grow collaborative relationships with related programs to enhance the effectiveness of the Clearinghouse to achieve its goals and objectives.